Meet Isobela

Guten Tag! Welcome to Stockwerk Deutsch, the German Learning Community, blog updates! My name is Izzy and I am a freshman here at UW-Madison studying Kinesiology with certificates in German and Business. I took German all four years in high school and hosted two German Exchange Students during that time. Over the years of extensive involvement within my class and within German Club, I realized the passion I had for the language. My passion lead me to spending a year in Germany on the CBYX scholarship where I was able to get a full immersion experience. Since being back, I knew German would be something I always want to try and include in my life, therefore leading me to be a part of Stockwerk Deutsch! When I am not geeking out with “Stocki’s” (term used for members of the learning community) I am normally doing something outdoors or getting involved with school clubs. I am really enjoying my time so far in Stockwerk Deutsch; they have definitely become a mini family. We have done some pretty fun events so far and I can’t wait to share them with all of you! 

(Fun Fact: Featured in the photo are Izzy and Dogs on Call’s Izzie!)